From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: anyone use Flex Component Kit for Flash?
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 02:05:15 GMT

I recently oversaw development of a game that heavily used fla->swc->flex.  Lots of
fancy animations and stuff were done in an FLA, then exported to an SWC with class names etc...
and then a Flex4.6 app was wrapped around them providing application logic, and facebook integration.
 Don't know if this is relevant to you, but the game was released recently (has a ton of users)
and is: https://apps.facebook.com/houseoffun/

It's not common in my experience, but it is a path that *is* taken often enough to be of mention.

-Dave

> From: cframpto@adobe.com
> To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:17:04 -0700
> Subject: anyone use Flex Component Kit for Flash?
>
> Does anyone use the the flash/flex integration feature (aka the Flex Component Kit for
Flash) that allows you to create components with Adobe Flash Professional and export them
for use with Flex?

> See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/flash/UIMovieClip.html
>
> Pre-Flex 4 the Flex Component Kit for Flash was available as a separate download but
Flex 4 shipped with it in frameworks/projects/flash-integration.  Unfortunately there are
binaries in this directory.