From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject [OT] HTML and Flex layouts
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:46:15 GMT
Hi,

> 1.But why they didn't propose these things (HGrop etc) to W3C for better layout.
HTML and Flex have totally different layout systems. (Flex is multi file/component based for
starters). If you layout out HTML in a grid/column like use one the frameworks out there to
help you do it, 960 Grid (960.gs) is a good example.

> 3.Is it tough to replace Flex UIComponent with HTML5 Canvas and create a new JavaScript
framework?
Yes it would be hard but there are people who are interested in this so it may happen. Adobe
have worked on this with Flacon JS compiler which we hope will be donated before the end of
the year. Flacon JS is an experimental compiler that compiles AS to HTML and Javascript. Different
performance of Javascript engines in bowsers is likely to be an issue.

>   will Apple enable Flash in thier browser?
I can't see this being likely. But currently you can packages up Flex applications with AIR
and publish to the app store that way.

Thanks,
Justin