From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Distinguishing Adobe from Apache SDKs?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:52:50 GMT

On 6/27/12 9:24 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well the work Adobe would need seems to be minimal. We would at least need
> them to deploy their playerglobal and airglobal swcs to maven central. I think
> Apache could volunteer to do that for them :-) I doubt uploading Binaries of
> the FlashPlayer and Air runntime for the multiple different operating systems
> is something that has to be done. I'm currently absolutely fine with deploying
> them in my compaines local repo.

I am not a lawyer, but my undestanding is that you can download the
playerglobal and airglobal files and store them in your company's repo, but
you cannot make it available outside your company without an agreement from
Adobe.

Similarly, an Apache volunteer does not have permission to copy these files
up to Maven's central repo.  It might be possible for Adobe (including me)
to decide to copy those files up there themselves, especially if there is an
easy recipe to follow.

> But currently I'm deploying everything I can find in the SDKs
> Every time a new Version of AIR or the Flashplayer is released it would be
> enough to publish only the playerglobal and airglobal.

I'd be interested if how these files are distributed is an important issue
for other Maven users.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team