From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Distinguishing Adobe from Apache SDKs?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:52:17 GMT

On 6/26/12 12 :36PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de<mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de<mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>>
wrote:

Hi,

I just checked out the latest 4.8.0 and managed to build it without any problems (100 points
for that guys … It’s not actually something I’m used to ;-) )

After that I wanted to test Flexmojos with that SDK … for that to work, I sent the SDK through
my Mavenizer Tool that deploys any given SDK to my Maven local Repo. This worked great too
☺

The only thing I noticed, was that my Maven artifacts were all called „com.adobe.flex:framework:4.8.0“
… well I guess this should be something more Apache. The problem is that I haven’t found
something on which I can actually reliably distinguish an Adobe from an Apache SDK. Ok …
I know I could have a look at some of the text files, but I think that’s relatively ugly.
So is there any Apache-Indicator that I can reliably use?

We did not change any packages  names except in the batik and velocity jars.  The most reliable
indicator is flex-sdk-description.xml in the root.

for example:

<flex-sdk-description>
<name>Apache Flex 4.8.0</name>
<version>4.8.0</version>
<build>1353571</build>
</flex-sdk-description>

And … what groupId should I use? I will have to make Flexmojos accept that, because it does
have some built in checks that I need to adjust for it to accept any other groupId. So if
you would tell me which one … I won’t have to adjust that in the near future ☺

I’m really looking forward to first tests with the 4.8.0.

Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber