From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject time to help test the release candidate
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:18:31 GMT
The kits have been refreshed at http://people.apache.org/~cframpton/ApacheFlexRC/current/.

All the code for the parity release of Apache Flex 4.8.0 is now in svn.

The only kitting issue I am aware of, and will fix, is that the swcs are missing from samples/themes.
 My to-do list is bouncing off of zero items.  We're getting really close.

To get started:

 *   download the source and binary kits
 *   read the README and try to build each kit
 *   build your favorite app and run it
 *   if you use the automation, verify it still works (I have to remove some license check
code)

If you are curious, here is the release management guide, http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html.

We will need to document our release management process.  Some examples from other projects
are http://incubator.apache.org/airavata/development/release-management.html and http://incubator.apache.org/kato/site/release-process.html.

Carol