From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: pedal down?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:14:38 GMT

On 6/21/12 11:27 PM, "Clint Modien" <> wrote:

> I know we've been waiting for code to be donated and the JIRA import to be
> done butŠ now that those things are doneŠ I know a lot of people around the
> globe are waiting in the wings and wondering how they can pitch in.
> Is it safe to update this page
> ( with some steps on what
> someone (me) can do to help?
We are waiting to complete a first "parity" release before we take
contributions to the trunk.  There is a branch for taking changes now, but
folks seem to still be waiting.
> Or maybe this page?
> LikeŠ
> 1. Sign up for an apache JIRA account (if you don't have one) at:
> 2. Pick a bug from the list to work on from
> in.system.project%3Aissues-panel
> 3. Fork and clone the SDK from github (or checkout from svn if you're a
> masochist) at:
> 4. fix the bug
> 5. create a patch file
> 6. Attach the patch to the bug?
> Am I correct in assuming that step 6 is the key to getting fixes into the
> mainline if you're not a commiter?
Yes, and after showing you create good patches you will likely be nominated
to be a committer.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.