From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: State of affairs after JIRA import
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:24:31 GMT

On 6/19/12 11:21 AM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see quite a few other sub-projects from the Adobe Flex bugbase that might
> be relevant to us:
>
> ASC, BlazeDS, Cairngorm(?), Flex Compiler Modules, Flex Documentation,
> FlexPMD(?) and FlexUnit.
> What are the plans for these?
No plans to migrate those projects.  We'll migrate BlazeDS if/when BlazeDS
gets donated.  The ASC project has too many issues we can't do anything
about.  Folks should probably just re-enter issues they care about that we
can act on.  Probably the same for Doc.

> From your exchanges with Justin, it sounded that there are quite a few
> outstanding issues, like duplicates and missing bugs.  That is what I was
> asking about.  If you think there is no widespread issues with the import
> process, I believe you :-)
I can guarantee that process was not perfect.  There are some duplicates.
There might be a few missing unintentionally (some were skipped on purpose
for content reasons).  There are probably some broken attachments even after
we get the attachments in.

I'm just saying that I am not motivated to make it perfect. I think it is
good enough for our purposes.  We'll find out shortly if stuff is missing as
people go looking for old bugs and it is probably quicker to just re-enter
those bugs at that time.  But if you want to take the time, go ahead.  Just
get Infra's permission before running a scan on the DB.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team