From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: State of affairs after JIRA import
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 01:31:50 GMT

On 6/18/12 2:01 AM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex/Justin,
>
> Can you please give us all an update of the state of affairs after the
> weekend JIRA import?  I saw a few exchanges, but it is unclear as to where
> we are now.
The import file we gave them was imported, but the attachments file was not
usable on Linux so there are no attachments.  The import file only contained
SDK, DMV and Automation bugs, and only up until January 30, 2012 or so.

> Also, for any outstanding issues in the JIRA import process, can you please
> open JIRA tickets to track them?  It is hard to track the various problems
> (missing tickets, duplicate tickets, etc.) found in the various email
> threads.   This will help people pick tasks and work on them.
Personally, unless there is some major issue, I'm done with the JIRA work.
I don't think it has to be perfect, but if someone like you cares, feel
free.

> I am particularly interested in the SOAP api for JIRA that Alex mentioned.
> How can someone get access to it?  I am planning to build a quick and dirty
> app that will find duplicates, missing issues etc. between the Adobe Flex
> and Apache Flex repositories.
I would check with Infra before running it so you don't load the server.
Some issues were not migrated for content and legal reasons.

> This tool could also set the votes to a bug
> by parsing out the comments field to which it was copied during the import
> process (if JIRA exposes the required APIs)
I don't think it can do that.  Votes are associated with users not issues.
I don't think you can just vote up something programatically.

> Anything more than 10 such instances, I would like to build a tool :-)
> Would there be interest/need for such a tool?
Not sure it is worth it, but it is up to you.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team