From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Badge installer
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 02:06:54 GMT

On 6/14/12 5:43 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex mentioned it in one of his mails [1]
>
> I am not sure what the new text would be.  Any suggestions from the others?
> It should be something like: "Install Apache Flex - {version number} for
> Adobe Flash Builder, {IntelliJ, FDT, FlashDevelop, etc.}"
>
> The problem is we dont have positive confirmation about the rest of the
> IDEs working fine with the Flex SDK that the InstallFlexSDK app installs.
> As we get confirmation, we will be modifying the text, which is why we need
> make the text dynamic.
>
> I am not good at writing copy.  Anyone else want to give it a shot?
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/4l2t4jfd4gq6vuya
The badge I saw just had the text "for Flash Builder" on it.  I think Adobe
would probably prefer that it say "for Adobe Flash Builder", but I think it
is ok to reference Adobe Flash Builder in that way.

But if you want the text to be more dynamic, then yes, it shouldn't be in
the badge, but in the interest of time, it might be ok for now.  If it turns
out to work for other IDEs you can rev it later or folks may simply not care
and use it anyway.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team