From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Third Party source
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:19:13 GMT

On 6/7/12 1:58 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Incubator,
>
> See the email below from Alex Harui. I need help figuring out what to do here.
>
> I'm not sure if Jeff was ever an employee of Macromedia or what the
> full situation is. Perhaps Alex can clarify if needed.
Jeff was an employee of Macromedia and Adobe but left before Adobe donated
his code.

> Essentially, we wanted to offer Jeff commit rights to make the
> modification as suggested by Roy. But Jeff indicated he's too busy to
> do it. Since he owns the copyright and seems willing to donate the
> code, what would be the appropriate methodology here. Do we need a
> software grant? Would it be sufficient to have an ICLA on file from
> Jeff?
Adobe already donated the code with Jeff's permission, but with Jeff's
copyright still in the headers per [1], which also says we should not modify
the copyright in those headers without his permission.

"Should a project move non-ASF copyright notices from Apache source files to
the NOTICE file?
No. If the copyright owner is still involved with the project, they should
move the notice themselves or permit us to do so..."

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team