From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Third Party source
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:56:29 GMT

On 6/6/12 1:38 PM, "Greg Reddin" <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good point. Maybe having an ICLA on file from him granting rights to his
> contribution is enough. Or maybe we need to go through a software grant
> process. He doesn't have to be a committer to grant us rights to incorporate
> his code.
Jeff's code was granted to Apache by Adobe.  Adobe had his permission to do
so, but his code must still retain his copyright as Adobe nor Apache are the
owner's agent and we are following our understanding of the rules at [1]

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

However, the RAT tool complains about these files since they do not have
Apache headers, and it was Roy Fielding's recommendation that we have Jeff
replace the headers or give us express permission to do so.  A patch in JIRA
would not be sufficient permission, IMO, but I am not a lawyer.

Now, if we can exclude these files from RAT and still be allowed to release
that is fine with me too, but I'm under the impression we want to get the
source headers changed.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team