From Alex Harui <>
Subject [MENTORS] Third Party source
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:22:54 GMT
Hi Mentors,

Some of the source code in the compiler is copyrighted by Jeff Dyer who wrote some of original
code that was then acquired by Macromedia/Adobe.  At the time of the donation,  Roy Fielding
said we should make Jeff a committer so he can move the copyrights to the NOTICES file.  Does
that make sense?  If so, I will ask him to submit an ICLA.  I assume his committer status
doesn’t require the usual vote protocol?  My understanding is that need to get this cleared
up in order to cut an official release.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.