From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Adobe Pixel Bender as prerequisite
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 04:21:00 GMT

On 6/5/12 7:20 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Free as in no cost or free as in open source and if so what licence?
Free as in no cost.  It is has an Adobe license, just like FlashPlayer and
AIR SDKs.

> I could only find this [1], and have no idea if it is current. I a bit vague
> of exactly want can and can't be included but the terms of use seem to exclude
> it being used in the Apache Flex SDK? eg "only for the purpose of internal
> development of application programs designed to function with Adobe
> products.".
We're not including it, we are making it a prerequisite.  And we intend it
to be used with Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR.

> Just out of interest could it be removed? I assumed it's only use in a few
> places and was mostly added to speed up transitions between views on
> mobile????
We could remove them (there aren't too many) but I think it would likely
break some effects.  It depends on who is using them.  The spark wipe
effects use them, but I don't know for sure why.  I don't know if folks are
using the mx shader classes, but they also use pbj files.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team