From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [MENTORS] Adobe Pixel Bender as prerequisite
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 21:02:49 GMT
Hi Mentors,

One of the binary file types called out by RAT are .PBJ files, the compiled output of .PBK
source files (which are text).  A PBJ is essentially the bytecode for an image processing
algorithm.  The Flex SDK uses a handful of PBJ files for special effects.  The only compiler
for PBK files is the Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit.  It has a command-line utility that will
allow automatic compilation of PBK to PBJ.  The Flash runtime supports PBJ files.

I would like to add the Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit to our list of prerequisites (along with
Adobe Flash Player SDK, Adobe AIR SDK, Apache Ant, and Java).  Will that pose a problem for
a release?

Thanks,
--
Alex Harui