From Dirk Eismann <bort...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Asset / i18n resource management improvements
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:47:15 GMT
Hi Alex,

> IMO, something like an "R" class should not be put into the compiler or the
> IDE.  The compiler should be as framework agnostic as possible.  It is
> probably possible to create a set of classes that do what R does.

maybe I misuderstand you here, but to get compile time code hinting in
an IDE and compile time checking for resource accesses, I wonder how
something like R should be generated then if not by the compiler?

> How many of you use non-String resources?  A String-only resource system can
> be so much better optimized than what we have now.  I would love to phase
> out the current ResourceManager subsystem and replace it with something much
> smaller and faster.

only Strings. I always found it strange to have Embeds and
ClassReferences in .properties files.

Dirk.