From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Making a private property public and testing
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:12:38 GMT
I'm trying to create a basic diagnostic tool that will show all Effects in
a UI Component class or all effect instances currently running but I'm
having trouble getting this information.

In the Effect Manager class there are two properties that would seem to
help:

mx_internal static var effectsPlaying:Array

private static var effects:Dictionary = new Dictionary(true);

The first looks like what I'm looking for but it, "Keeps track of all the
triggered effects that are currently playing." This doesn't help much since
I'm not working with trigger effects. BTW are they deprecated in Flex 4 or
was there not enough time to support them?

The second property contains the effects dictionary where each effect
registers themselves when they play but it is marked private. Is there
anyway to get this information?

Also, I created a local copy of EffectManager and marked the property
public. However, it's returning undefined and I'm not sure if that's
something I'm doing. I'm checking in the effect update event so it should
be in there.

Also, I added a method to get the effects dictionary but when I call that
method it throws an error, "getEffectsInEffect" is not a function. Is there
a rule to monkey patching I'm not aware of?

        public static function getEffectsInEffect():Dictionary
        {
            return effects;
        }