From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: What is on-topic? Was: Painful story...
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:23:55 GMT
This "Flex-Dev" list is specifically for the creation, maintenance and
advancement of the Apache Flex SDK and associated tools.  We've been pretty
lax about the discussions allowed on here up to now (more to foster the
community, etc), but in the future, you can expect us to ask more
discussions to other lists.

The "Flex-Users" list is for users of the Apache Flex SDK.  This includes
help on building applications, intro topics, and general banter.

The reason for the separation is so that the general public (those who are
not compiler hackers, etc), don't get bothered by very intricate details on
how the framework works, along with the opposite, so those of us who want
to concentrate on the bits and pieces of the SDK don't get a bunch of "Help
me make a hello world app" messages.

Both lists are open to the public, and anybody can post to them.  But in
order to manage the traffic, we do have two lists for very specific
purposes.

-Nick Kwiatkowski
 Apache Flex PPMC
 quetwo@apache.org