From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New website content
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 01:02:54 GMT
Reply inline :

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Tomasz Maciąg | Fuse Collective <
t.maciag@fusecollective.com> wrote:

> I'd like to ask for help/opinion about site map and site content. Most of
> the needed content can be used from current site [1] and open@adobe [2].
> However there are a couple of important informations that IMO could be
> helpful especially for newcomers. Bellow is proposed site map and mockup
> [5] (not all info is on designs). I've put question marks beside pages that
> I'm not sure how to deal with (if they are needed now and, are we able to
> produce proper content for them). Any help regarding those will be much
> appreciated.
>
> 1. About:
>    - What is Flex, content from open@adobe [2]
>    - Supporting platforms
>    - Features (?)

I wonder if we can grab an old features list from the old Flex SDK page on
Adobe's site.  Not the text, but at least the highlighted features...

>    - Showcase (?)

Adobe still has their Flex Showcase site up.  Wonder if we pick some of the
most popular of these sites and run with that.
http://flex.org/showcase-all.php

>    - Resources (?)

This is a toughie.  I'll see what I can pull together.  There are LOTS of
resources out there -- maybe we can open it up for the community to give
input on that -- I know it's been talked about quite a few times on the
list.

> About page should have Features and Showcase pages but I'm not sure what
> to put here.
> For features I was thinking about something like on [3]. We can't use
> those texts directly but I'm willing to rewrite them. Is that enough in
> terms of features, what do you think? Maybe someone has flex related text
> content from clients presentations or company offer that could be helpful
> here?
> Resources - links to paces where you can find useful information about
> flex (tutorials, manuals, documentation, blogs, books). There are a lot of
> useful information on adobe [4] and flex dev center [5] that could be
> linked.
>
> 2. News (?) - ontent from current site
> New addition to structure that is absent in designs.

I plan on updating the news once a month (to correspond with the Apache
Revue that I'm helping write on the Spoon side).  It would be great to have
a spot on the site for that.

> 3. Get started (Download SDK, Learn, Get Involved, Community) - example
> content in mockup [6]
>
> 4. Learn/Wiki (link to Wiki)
>
> 5. Community:
>    - Get Involved - content from current site
>    - Team - content from current site
>    - Mailinglists - content from current site
>    - Social media (Twitter, Google)
>    - User groups (?)

Spoon Foundation has a pretty good list for this.  I think Kevin was
working on it recently.

>    - Events (?)

Again, Spoon was working on an events list, but I'm not sure how complete
it is at this point.  Or maybe it is complete and just depressing.

> 6. Downloads - content from current site
>    - Download SDK
>    - Source access (svn/github mirror/etc.)
>    - JIRA
>
> 7. Apache Software Foundation (links to apache)
>    - Website/About ASF
>    - Donations
>    - Sponsorship
>    - Security
>    - Thanks
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/**flex/<http://incubator.apache.org/flex/>
> [2] http://sourceforge.net/adobe/**flexsdk/wiki/About/<http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/wiki/About/>
> [3] http://flex.org/what-is-flex/
> [4] http://www.adobe.com/products/**flex.html<http://www.adobe.com/products/flex.html>
> [5] http://www.adobe.com/devnet/**flex.html<http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex.html>
> [6] http://clients.fusecollective.**com/flex/apache_flex_mockup.**png<http://clients.fusecollective.com/flex/apache_flex_mockup.png>
>

> --
> Tomasz Maciąg
> Fuse Collective
> www.fusecollective.com

Thanks for the hard work on this already.  Let me know how to help on this
effort. I want the website to really make us proud -- and not just content
:)

-Nick Kwiatkowski
 quetwo@apache.org