From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Third Party source
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 19:32:50 GMT
Making him a committer does require the usual vote process. Why would
it not? Any further discussion should take place on flex-private since
it relates to an individual.

Greg

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi Mentors,
>
> Some of the source code in the compiler is copyrighted by Jeff Dyer who wrote some of
original code that was then acquired by Macromedia/Adobe.  At the time of the donation,  Roy
Fielding said we should make Jeff a committer so he can move the copyrights to the NOTICES
file.  Does that make sense?  If so, I will ask him to submit an ICLA.  I assume his committer
status doesn’t require the usual vote protocol?  My understanding is that need to get this
cleared up in order to cut an official release.