From Left Right <>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Binary Files
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 06:01:30 GMT
Re' vector graphics:
This is one reason why most if not all vector graphics on Linux (GUI
including) are SVGs. SVG isn't really a good format from the performance or
structural point of view, but it appears to be easy to edit. There is also
a good (comparable to Freehand 9 at least) free oss vector graphics editor
- Inkscape. So, at least, as far as I know, GUI projects targeting Linux
wouldn't have this problem.

Now, I've only heard about it, but never had a chance to see: new Flash CS#
projects use new way of having all the project in plain text files - maybe
it's possible to make that FLA into a set of text files with the
inconvenience being only that older versions of Flash CS# won't be able to
open it?

>From another point of view, if the build will have to compile the FLA
rather than use a compiled SWF, for people like myself this is a dead end -
I don't have Flash CS#, and the last version I could've possibly try to
install through Wine is Flash 8 - but I doubt that JSFL-based build would
work for me...

There's this project: which *must* be
able to compile the graphics in the FLA (I'm not 100% sure, but almost
sure), and it's a compatible license / will work on Linux too. Or maybe it
would be possible to have it as SVG and have MXMLC compile it that way.