From Raju Bitter <r.bitter.mailingli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: time to help test the release candidate
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:38:06 GMT
Thanks, Alex. I just saw that the comment has been updated in
flex-config.xml to reflect these changes:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-flex-commits/201206.mbox/%3C20120601170314.E6A912388962@eris.apache.org%3E

          <!-- Compiler font manager classes, in policy resolution order -->
          <!-- NOTE: For Apache Flex -->
          <!-- AFEFontManager and CFFFontManager both use proprietary
technology.  -->
          <!-- You must install the optional font jars if you wish to
use embedded fonts  -->
          <!-- directly or you can use fontswf to precompile the font
as a swf.  -->
          <managers>
              <manager-class>flash.fonts.JREFontManager</manager-class>
              <manager-class>flash.fonts.BatikFontManager</manager-class>
              <manager-class>flash.fonts.AFEFontManager</manager-class>
              <manager-class>flash.fonts.CFFFontManager</manager-class>
          </managers>

I assume that
          <!-- You must install the optional font jars if you wish to
use embedded fonts  -->
refers to JARs contained in the Adobe Flex 4.6 SDK, right?

I didn't know that Om is working on such a tool, that's great! What is
the status of that tool? Is that based on the fontforge project?
http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/

- Raju