From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Where do certain config and source files go?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 07:21:07 GMT
We have not resolved these issues yet.  Before we forget,

1.  Where does flashbuilder-config.xml go?  Root of Flex SDK or in
\ide\flashbuilder?
My vote is that it should go in \ide\flashbuilder.  The root of the flex
folder must not be cluttered with files like these.  Other IDEs can create
their sub-folders, ex. \ide\fdt, etc.  and store some information exclusive
information.  If it is common to all IDEs, we can create a folder:
\ide\common.

2.  Where does the info about the expressinstall.swf go?  In
flashbuilder-config.xml or flex-config.xml?
My vote is: flashbuilder-config.xml.  Again, flex-config.xml should not be
cluttered with things we dont necessarily need.  If all the other IDE folks
(IntelliJ, FDT, Flash Develop, etc.) want to use it, then it must go in
some config file in the folder: \ide\common.

3.  Where does the InstallFlexSDK project go?
My vote is for /flex/trunk/utilities/InstallFlexSDK
The goal is to keep the core Flex sdk directory clean and also to hopefully
store these kind of utilities in a prominent and visible location.

4.  Where does the InstallFlexSDK.air/exe/dmg files go?
My vote is somewhere under: /flex/site/trunk/{tools?}

Thanks,
Om