From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache SDK to Flash Builder - next steps
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:49:02 GMT
Hi,

> If they make Flash Builder free, that will be awesome. But i know they won't make it
at-least for 2 years. In other case, they should give some of the testing tools free. like
Profiler.
I don't know what Adobe is planning in regards to Flash Builder but I'd guess it will be out
in 6 months.

Given the last 4.5 -> 4.6 upgrade was free and I can't see too many new features in 4.7
I'd expect the upgrade to be low cost or free. But I could be way off on both accounts.

Flash Builder is no longer a part of creative suite which I think is unfortunate.

Adobe have spoken about Monocle a new way of profiling Flash (and I assume Flex) applications
so perhaps we'll see that in the next version of Flash Builder?

Thanks,
Justin