From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Building Apache Flex SDK packager on OSX and feedback on application
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:25:04 GMT
Hi,

> How about InstallApacheFlex?.  'Package' sounds a bit vague.
Sounds fine to me.

> If it is an OS specific bug, then having separate targets for each OS would
> be better.  Can you send me the script for MacOS?

Here's the bit you need (or just grab it form my github):

	<target name="packagenative" depends="compile, certificate, packageair" unless="unsupportedOS"
		description="Packages the AIR file from the build directory to create a native installer
(exe/dmg) file">
		<java jar="${ADT}" fork="true"
			failonerror="true"
			maxmemory="512m">
			<arg value="-package"/>
			<arg value="-target"/>
			<arg value="native"/>
			<arg value="${RELEASE_DIR}/${APP_NAME}.${extension}"/>
			<arg value="${BUILD_DIR}/${APP_NAME}.air"/>
		</java>
	</target>

You might want to try it on windows and if that works then there's no need for OS dependant
targets. I assume you are using AIR 3.2?

> You sound like my product manager ;-)
Unlike your PM feel free to ignore any suggestions I make :-)

> Right now, when any one step fails, I abort the whole installation
> process.
Make sure the "step" indicators are reset (probably best if browse or install is selected)
- right now I'm not sure  if this happens.

>> 9. Nice if the install log window was centred horizontally when it pops up.
> To the main window?  Or to the desktop?
I was thinking of the main window but either would work I think.

> I was planning to add a "Copy log" button
That works fine as well.

Thanks,
Justin