From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Metadata containing SDKs minimal playerglobal version?
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:42:44 GMT
Well In general it works with allmost any JDK, you can however enforce some checks using the
enforcer-plugin. http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/

For example some plugins Flexmojos uses to build don't run with a 1.7 JDK due to some Xml
parser changes (I didn't get FDK 4.5.1 to fly with 1.7 either). So I added this constraint
to the enforcer to prevent me from even trying to build the project with a 1.7.

But my question was not to prevent usage, but more how I can generate a maven distribution
based upon the official Apache FDK. The FDK depends on a playerglobal, but I need to know
which version is at least needed in order to create a fullly functional Maven deployment.
If the build.properties contains that infomation, it's fine for me. I would however really
like this sort of information being added to the sdk descriptor in "flex-sdk-description.xml"
as I think this is where it belongs to.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Juni 2012 19:38
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Metadata containing SDKs minimal playerglobal version?

On 6/29/12 6:51 AM, "Carol Frampton" <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

> The official distribution is the source kit, so yes it is part of that.
>
> The binary kit is purely for convenience and not considered an Apache
> release.  build.properties is not in the Apache release.
I'm pretty sure Carol meant "not in the binary release".

I'm still trying to understand the "rules" for dependency management in Maven.  If a JDK is
required, how does an application express what the minimum JDK version is?  I see the playerglobal
issue as the equivalent.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team