From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: time to help test the release candidate
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:52:23 GMT
No Maven itself and the JDK are required to use Maven at all.

Usually it's not the normal Maven way to force you do deploy a lot of essential libraries
manually.

I am not saying that it's not possible to manually deploy the artifacts, it's just something
that would easily avoidable.
If Adobe has no objections deploying it would make life for all a lot easier.
And I particularly found this step (Adding the playerglobal to my systems environment variables)

in the compilation of the Apache SDK rather strange.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012 16:24
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: time to help test the release candidate

On 6/28/12 12:34 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> I thought about this problem for quite some time yesterday.
>
> Regarding the adt.jar and Air integration. I think the best solution
> would be to split up the flexmojos maven plugin to have a separate flex and air module.
> The current mixture does have some disadvantages. In case of Flex
> being shipped without AIR even more. Will it still be possible to
> build an Air application using Apache Flex?
Yes it will.  Are build tools like a JDK also managed by Maven or are they a "prerequisite"?
 The latter is what we are saying for the Ant scripts.  You have to download the platform
build tools including playerglobal.

> Regarding the fontkit. I think I'll have a loot at what it is used for anyway.
> If the Apache Flex SDK can do without it, perhaps it's usage is some
> legacy functionality, which I could make optional. I could immagine
> that this is related to one of the several ways how fonts can be
> embedded in Flex. I guess it would be ok that if a user tried to use
> one that depended on fontkit, that Flexmojos could issue an error
> complaining about the missing fontkit implementation.
Fontkit is required to embed fonts for Spark.  I am hopeful we can replace our dependency
on it as I think all it does is convert other font files to CFF format.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team