From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: time to help test the release candidate
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:34:58 GMT
I thought about this problem for quite some time yesterday.

Regarding the adt.jar and Air integration. I think the best solution would be to split up
the flexmojos maven plugin to have a separate flex and air module. The current mixture does
have some disadvantages. In case of Flex being shipped without AIR even more. Will it still
be possible to build an Air application using Apache Flex?

Regarding the fontkit. I think I'll have a loot at what it is used for anyway. If the Apache
Flex SDK can do without it, perhaps it's usage is some legacy functionality, which I could
make optional. I could immagine that this is related to one of the several ways how fonts
can be embedded in Flex. I guess it would be ok that if a user tried to use one that depended
on fontkit, that Flexmojos could issue an error complaining about the missing fontkit implementation.

Currently I don't have any problems getting my handy on a version of fontkit and adt, but
they are not part of the SDK and currently Flexmojos uses that exclusively and I don't want
to add hard-coded deps to those missing libraries (They are all available im Maven Central
... so this wouldn't be a problem).

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 19:01
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: time to help test the release candidate

On 6/27/12 9:36 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> While velocity is no problem. I simply added a new dependency. More
> troubeling is the absence of adt.jar and flex-fontkit.jar.
> Without these I will not be able to build Flexmojos. Are they not yet
> donated to Apache, or is refactoring Flexmojos better in this case?
> (Eventually Breaking Backward compatability).
Adt.jar is part of the Adobe AIR SDK and will not be donated.
Flex-fontkit.jar relies on font processing code used in many Adobe products and is not going
to be donated.

The build script require Adobe AIR SDK as a pre-requisite.  The scripts give you the option
of downloading an Adobe Flex SDK and using the flex-fonkit.jar within.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team