From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Distinguishing Adobe from Apache SDKs?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:00:48 GMT

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012 18:53
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Distinguishing Adobe from Apache SDKs?

On 6/27/12 9:24 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well the work Adobe would need seems to be minimal. We would at least
> need them to deploy their playerglobal and airglobal swcs to maven
> central. I think Apache could volunteer to do that for them :-) I
> doubt uploading Binaries of the FlashPlayer and Air runntime for the
> multiple different operating systems is something that has to be done.
> I'm currently absolutely fine with deploying them in my compaines local repo.

I am not a lawyer, but my undestanding is that you can download the playerglobal and airglobal
files and store them in your company's repo, but you cannot make it available outside your
company without an agreement from Adobe.

Similarly, an Apache volunteer does not have permission to copy these files up to Maven's
central repo.  It might be possible for Adobe (including me) to decide to copy those files
up there themselves, especially if there is an easy recipe to follow.

> But currently I'm deploying everything I can find in the SDKs Every
> time a new Version of AIR or the Flashplayer is released it would be
> enough to publish only the playerglobal and airglobal.

I'd be interested if how these files are distributed is an important issue for other Maven
users.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team