From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: time to help test the release candidate
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:36:41 GMT
Hi,

Now it's time for me to give a short report.
Currently I'm trying to get Flexmojos to build with the 4.8.0. I manually created a Mavenized
form of this and changed Flexmojos to use that instead.
 Unfortunately there are a few resources that Flexmojos depends on, that are no longer part
of the SDK:

- velocity is no longer part of the compiler. Needed extra dependency to: org.apache.velocity:velocity:1.5
- air stuff no longer provided (no adt.jar). Needed extre dependency to: com.adobe.flex.compiler:adt:4.6.0.23201
- flex-fontkit is missing: com.adobe.flex.compiler:flex-fontkit:4.5.0.20967A

While velocity is no problem. I simply added a new dependency. More troubeling is the absence
of adt.jar and flex-fontkit.jar.
Without these I will not be able to build Flexmojos. Are they not yet donated to Apache, or
is refactoring Flexmojos better in this case?
(Eventually Breaking Backward compatability).

Currently I simply added the latest versions of both from Adobe SDKs to have the plugin build.
And it did build.

Currently I'm working on getting the testsuite to run properly, but I think most of the work
I'll have to do here first is getting the Maven build to work with a group-id of
"org.apache.flex" instead of "com.adobe.flex". Hopefully as soon as I have fixed this I will
be able to give some more detailed reports.
Velo did a real good job creating testcases for Flexmojos and hence for the Flex Compiler
and SDK. I think this will be really valuable data.
I guess if the testsuite was green and as soon as I change the SDK and it's not green anymore,
thats a pretty good probability, that something in the SDK works differently.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----