From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Distinguishing Adobe from Apache SDKs?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:37:48 GMT
Hi,

I think the problems are a little more complex than you think. Mostly legal issues.
My SDK Generator curreently deploys all the good stuff it finds in the SDK:
- The actual compiler and utilities
- The actual Flex framework
- The Runntimes

The runntimes is where I think it starts getting problematic, as I think we would not be allowed
to deploy the playerglobal versions and the flash/air runntimes in a Maven repo.
Thats why I'm currently building a Tool that you could download and manually deploy locally
any SDK that you want to use. I guess there should be no legal issues with that.
If however the Apache guys here find it usefull, I think deploying compiler & framework
on maven central would be really nice. In that case the automatic download of runntimes,
that I'm currently working on will not work (But at the moment this doesn't work anyway).

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: carlos.rovira@gmail.com [mailto:carlos.rovira@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Carlos Rovira
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012 20:19
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Distinguishing Adobe from Apache SDKs?

Hi christopher, that's amazing!

This will make many people progress from latest flex maven deployed version
4.5.1 to 4.8 directly

We only would need to get it deployed to an official maven repository.

There would be some things to take into account to change to this apache sdk.  I.e: signed
rsls, fonts support,...but I'm sure things will be getting clear in the following weeks :)

Great work! :)

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile