From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: State of affairs after JIRA import
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:07:07 GMT
Hi Om,

just to give my 50ct to the topic of accessing Jira programatically ... I would strongly suggest
to use the REST api instead of the SOAP. It seems that this API is the one that is maintained
by Atlassian and the SOAP is treated as somewhat legacy. I migrated all my remote access tools
to the REST API and it works great.

I am using this library and can certainly recommend it:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
            <artifactId>jira-rest-java-client</artifactId>
            <version>0.6-m3</version>
        </dependency>

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: omuppi1@gmail.com [mailto:omuppi1@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Om
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Juni 2012 11:01
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: State of affairs after JIRA import

Alex/Justin,

Can you please give us all an update of the state of affairs after the weekend JIRA import?
 I saw a few exchanges, but it is unclear as to where we are now.

Also, for any outstanding issues in the JIRA import process, can you please open JIRA tickets
to track them?  It is hard to track the various problems (missing tickets, duplicate tickets,
etc.) found in the various email
threads.   This will help people pick tasks and work on them.

I am particularly interested in the SOAP api for JIRA that Alex mentioned.
How can someone get access to it?  I am planning to build a quick and dirty app that will
find duplicates, missing issues etc. between the Adobe Flex and Apache Flex repositories.
 This tool could also set the votes to a bug by parsing out the comments field to which it
was copied during the import process (if JIRA exposes the required APIs)

Anything more than 10 such instances, I would like to build a tool :-) Would there be interest/need
for such a tool?

BTW, thanks to everyone who helped with this bug import.  This step brings us even more closer
to becoming a full fledged project.

Thanks,
Om