From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Developer guidance for websites with content for Adobe Flash Player in Windows 8
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:33:26 GMT
On 6/26/2012 7:28 AM, Marek Pavilovic wrote:
> Hi
>
> It's my first post here. I've just discovered this artical. I think it can influence
the future of Flex but it hasn't been discussed on the mailing list yet. Microsoft will manage
a list of websites that are allowed to display Flash content: "(..) only sites that are on
the Compatibility View (CV) list for Flash can play Flash content within Internet Explorer
10 in the Windows Metro style UI"
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/jj193557(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> Maybe Apache Flex should consider developing a touch friendly homepage and submitting
it to the list?
  Are there problems with the current Apache Flex home page when used
from a touch browser?
  Flex's primary purpose is used for building applications.  Are there
any aspects of the Apache Flex home page that would justify the use of
an "Application" over the current approach of serving, primarily, static
HTML content?

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur