From Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective <t.mac...@fusecollective.com>
Subject Re: Badge installer
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:48:25 GMT
> How easy/hard is it to add more glyphs to this?  Maybe we can write an ant
> script to make it more robust.  I can help with that.  But this is not a
> big priority right now.
There won't be any need for adding extra glyphs. I'm doing this because
we used different font for SDK version textfield (open sans bold) and
different for other texts (open sans semibold). Since sdk version need
only 11 glyphs we'll save 50kb by using vector glyphs. Semibold will be
still embedded and it will take most of the swf size (around 60kb). The
final size will depend on how much different language we'll support. I
think the best way is to limit this list and embed only characters we
need (embedding all characters takes around 130kb).