From Tomasz Maciąg | Fuse Collective <t.mac...@fusecollective.com>
Subject Re: Apache SDK to Flash Builder - anyone what to help out with design?
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 10:29:49 GMT
It looks fine to me.
BTW. Over state did not have different gradient color. Only stroke color
was changed from grey to white.

W dniu 2012-06-01 14:35, Tink pisze:
> I've just took a look at the buttons and I can export as FXG no problem, but these will
create a button for each colour all with multiple colours inside them and some not so readable
FXG.

> When creating skins I generally try and get a designer to stick to one base color for
each, and then use and combination of white/black/alpha gradients and blend modes, filters
etc to create the other states. You can then have 1 skin for all buttons and we can re-use
it setting its base colour using chromeColor.

> The skins for the steps would also be very alike, really simplifying the code, and also
making the code much more dynamic a flexible.

> I was wondering whether you might want to take a look at creating the buttons state like
this Thomasz? At the moment instead of using a base color with white/black/alpha gradients
and blendModes, all gradients are coloured there is a deferent set for each state. Event though
this is the case, and the over state uses different colours in its gradient, they are so close
to the up gradients that you don't see any change on rollover.

> What I've done if re-created the up and down states as best I could using the technique
I mentioned above. There is a state missing compared to the FLA provided, due to the fact
that although the colours are ever so slightly different, you can not see it with the eye
so I have left it out, which now means the just see the base colour background for this state.

> Here's a link to what they look like at the moment http://tink.ws/apache/makebuilder_ui_skins.html
(right click for the source).

> The first column matches the states in the FLA (with the missing state on over), but
I thought this look kind of strange when you clicked, so I've also added a second colour that
used the down state for over, and just show the base colour when down.

--
Tomasz Maciąg
www.fusecollective.com