From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] how are you involved in the release process?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:53:43 GMT

On Jun 26, 2012, at 4:14 PM, Carol Frampton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The latest kits are in http://people.apache.org/~cframpton/ApacheFlexRC/current/
>
> We think we're very close to done.  We have a couple of issues we're still working on
but the structure of the kit is in place.  Before the "vote" is there any kind of checklist/process
that the mentors need to do?  For example, we think we've got the NOTICE and LICENSE files
done correctly, and the jars are in the correct place, the manifests for our jars have LICENSE
and NOTICE files in them, etc but does someone who knows more than we do actually check that
stuff out?  Who looks at the RAT output?

I will download a source package and a binary package. I'll do the following in my evaluation.

Check the signatures.
Unpack the source release.
Examine the NOTICE and LICENSE.
Build from Source - on a MacBook Air - the instructions should help me with all prerequisites.
Check the RAT report.
Compare the built from source package to the binary package.
Check NOTICE and LICENSE files in the manifests.

If all "looks good" I'll be able to vote +1 (binding).
You'll need three IPMC votes to make a release. Mentors are IPMC members. One is required
before moving on to the IPMC vote on general@i.a.o.

An estimate of how long it takes to (a) configure for a build and (b) to build would be helpful
to me scheduling this into my day.

> The Flex trademark agreement is back in Apache's court again for review.  Hopefully that
will be done quickly and then the required parties at Adobe and Apache will sign the agreement.

I've seen that it has been pushed to the appropriate party.

> For those of you that don't know, Adobe (in the US) has a company wide shutdown week
next week, starting July 2.

Everyone leaves early on Friday if they show up at the office at all.

Regards,
Dave