From "Powell, Margo McCoy" <mmpow...@email.unc.edu>
Subject RE: anyone use Flex Component Kit for Flash?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:49:15 GMT
I have also used flash cs5 to create flex components following the instructions at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_flash_fbuilder.html?PID=3662453.
It was extremely useful for our project.

Regards
Margo
From: Cortlandt Winters [cort@cortwinters.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:04 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: anyone use Flex Component Kit for Flash?

Yes. It used to be fairly clunky and very error prone, probably from the
two using different compilers by default that could easily get out of synch
with so many sdk versions out there (or at least that is my initial guess
as to why), but at least as of Flash cs5.5 and flex 4.6 it has become
pretty nice and a core part of my workflow. I can't imagine doing either
flex or flash development without doing it just as David describes here.
It's much easier, more efficient and natural than breaking things up into
pieces and then importing and reassembling them in flex.

Without catalyst and with design mode going away, I'd bet that this is the
most popular method for bringing complex visuals into flex. Expanding on
these capabilities to make exporting flex themes easier is probably the
best feature that the flash ide could focus on in their next release imho.

I recenty showed a friend how to do it and though there were a lot of
little mysterious finicky steps to make sure things were exported correctly
and using the correct package names the first time, once it worked, he was
pretty excited about how simple and repeatable the process was in the end.