From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [OT] HTML and Flex layouts
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:58:02 GMT
Hi,

> Why should we use different JavaScript frameworks for each task.
Because HTML isn't a full application framework unlike Flex.

> Instead, if it is being a property of HTML that would be nice.
That would be nice but sadly not the way it currently works.

> Why don't Apache / Adobe propose HGroup, List, Grid, Tree and some other useful controls
to W3C.
There has already been a CSS grid proposal submitted by Microsoft. [1] but it's not well supported
by browsers [2]. There are also new form controls (originally part of the web forms 2.0 spec
and now in the HTML5 spec) but again not widely supported yet. [3] I assume in time browsers
will support these features.

> I am bit confusing. What is meant by different layout systems?
Flex applications are broken up into multiple files and use components for layout, the layout
property can be basic, vertical, horizontal (or custom). A HTML page is a single file with
the layout controlled by the page structure and CSS.

I think this conversion is getting too far off topic, please try and keep emails related to
Flex development.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-grid-layout/