From Rotem Hecht Studio <thetamu...@012.net.il>
Subject RE: [MENTORS] Adobe Pixel Bender as prerequisite
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 21:49:39 GMT
Hi Alex

My name is Rotem Hecht, and some how in last few days my email address got
into your system, and I get all the communications between you guys.

Can you please send email to all of your colleges to remove my address,
thanks

Rotem

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:03 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [MENTORS] Adobe Pixel Bender as prerequisite

Hi Mentors,

One of the binary file types called out by RAT are .PBJ files, the compiled
output of .PBK source files (which are text).  A PBJ is essentially the
bytecode for an image processing algorithm.  The Flex SDK uses a handful of
PBJ files for special effects.  The only compiler for PBK files is the Adobe
Pixel Bender Toolkit.  It has a command-line utility that will allow
automatic compilation of PBK to PBJ.  The Flash runtime supports PBJ files.

I would like to add the Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit to our list of
prerequisites (along with Adobe Flash Player SDK, Adobe AIR SDK, Apache Ant,
and Java).  Will that pose a problem for a release?

Thanks,
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team