From Tink <f...@tink.ws>
Subject Re: Apache SDK to Flash Builder - anyone what to help out with design?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:35:45 GMT
I've just took a look at the buttons and I can export as FXG no problem, but these will create
a button for each colour all with multiple colours inside them and some not so readable FXG.

When creating skins I generally try and get a designer to stick to one base color for each,
and then use and combination of white/black/alpha gradients and blend modes, filters etc to
create the other states. You can then have 1 skin for all buttons and we can re-use it setting
its base colour using chromeColor.

The skins for the steps would also be very alike, really simplifying the code, and also making
the code much more dynamic a flexible.

I was wondering whether you might want to take a look at creating the buttons state like this
Thomasz? At the moment instead of using a base color with white/black/alpha gradients and
blendModes, all gradients are coloured there is a deferent set for each state. Event though
this is the case, and the over state uses different colours in its gradient, they are so close
to the up gradients that you don't see any change on rollover.

What I've done if re-created the up and down states as best I could using the technique I
mentioned above. There is a state missing compared to the FLA provided, due to the fact that
although the colours are ever so slightly different, you can not see it with the eye so I
have left it out, which now means the just see the base colour background for this state.

Here's a link to what they look like at the moment http://tink.ws/apache/makebuilder_ui_skins.html
(right click for the source).

The first column matches the states in the FLA (with the missing state on over), but I thought
this look kind of strange when you clicked, so I've also added a second colour that used the
down state for over, and just show the base colour when down.

Any thoughts, what do you think Thomasz?

Tink