From Tink <f...@tink.ws>
Subject RE: FalcoJs
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 07:23:53 GMT
It has been made extremely clear, both on this list, and at all of the recent Flex based events
that I've attend in the UK and elsewhere, that the community would prefer Adobe to commit
Falcon and FalconJS and develop them with the community in an open sourced manner (I have
also been present when this has been put directly to Thibault) the answer always being that
we will get it when Adobe are done, estimated Q4 2012. Never have I heard anything different,
so I would agree that the community so far has no control although the community has asked
multiple times.

I don't have sympathy for Adobe communications as a company, its bloody annoying!

Tink

Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>I have to disagree about the no control part.  Mustella got partially in this week because
some of you wanted it done that way. I could drop the rest of mustella and start scrubbing
the falcon js code but I thought we agreed that a verification suite was more important.

>Btw, no need to have sympathy for Adobe communications.
>
>Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T

the blog post wording originally was such that it very much made it sound like FalconJS was
going to live or die based solely on >Apache Flex team, whereas in reality at this point
in time only Adobe has anything at all to do with FalconJS ever seeing the light of day. And
the updated wording still partially sounded the same.

>Well, if Doug is too harsh then let me say it this way. Apache Flex has NO control over
this. Unless the code is sitting in your inbox Alex and you have decided not to commit it
yet, then we have absolutely nothing to do with it and Adobe should make that clear.

>> This is a developer's blog.  It is not an official statement.
>>>For better or worse, that blog post is the first link on google when searching
for FalconJS, and I can't find anything more official from Adobe, and Adobe is still in control
of the code. I'd say that's as official a source as >>there is, and it's more official
than anything posted on an Apache Flex wiki until the code actually lives in Apache Flex.

>Yeh all my sympathy for Adobe mea culpa communication is gone for some reason. Developer
blog or not, this under the Adobe banner and it is Adobe communication as such. That post
indicates that Apache has control of something it does not. It's a misrepresentation of the
truth and effectively makes it look like Apache has control of something it does not.