From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Website sitemap and tougths
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 00:51:13 GMT

On May 18, 2012, at 4:06 AM, Tomasz Maciąg | Fuse Collective wrote:

> Finally I've manage to find time and think about flex website in general (how I envision
it and what structure should it have). I've done it now because I think we (at Fuse Collective)
could have some available time for making proper designs. If you'll like the results someone
else will still need to implement it (cut it and codeto HTML)

I'm willing to help with this process.

Regards,
Dave

> but it should be good place to start. Additionally first release is coming and I think
we could have nicer site before that. Note, that this is sitemap for fully functional website
with all content in place. Since we probably won't have everything ready at the beginning
the sitemap will be slightly different.

> Question for Adobe folks.
> Is there a way we could use some content from current adobe site and use it on apache
flex? There are a lot of texts at [1] we could use.
> Or maybe someone else have content we could use or is willing to write them from scratch?
>
> Sitemap below is result of my research and thinking. I'm not sure yet how to name certain
sections so I've added different options. Let me now what you think.

> 1. About/Discover:
>    - What is Flex
>    - Who is using it
>    - Why use it
>    - Features
>        Components, Set of services, Layout, Animation, Localization, Module loading,
Compiler, Accessibility, Security (what else?)
>        I'm also thinking about adding filtering by platform: desktop, mobile, graphics
& charting, integrations, tools
>    - Showcase
>    - Ecosystem (partners and their products/services)
>    - Roadmap
>    - History
>
> 2. Get started (Download SDK, Get Involved, Learn/Documentation, Community/Support) -
something like Drupal Get Started [2]

> 3. Learn/Documentation/Developers
>    - Manuals (things like ASDocs, Dev Guide...)
>    - Knowlage Base/Wiki (Quick Start, How to get involved, Installation/Configuration,
Tutorials/Articles, Case studies, Faq, Coding Standards, License)