From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adobe coding conventions page is offline - maybe make a copy to wiki?
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 22:18:43 GMT

On 5/15/12 11:43 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like it has moved here:
> http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/wiki/Coding%20Conventions/
>
> Of late, most Adobe open source stuff seems to be moving to the
> sourceforge.net/adobe website.
>
> Thanks,
> Om

In fact, the old opensource.adobe.com wiki has been taken off-line because
its version of Confluence was full of holes and we didn't want to spend the
money to upgrade given other open source projects are already at Open@Adobe.

It turns out that we got permission to license the Coding Conventions page
under CC-BY-SA which should allow Apache to create its own Coding
Conventions page by borrowing heavily from the Adobe one.  I just updated
the Adobe page with that license so any volunteer should now be able to get
going on an Apache Flex coding conventions page by starting with the content
from the Adobe page.  I'm told that if we hadn't gotten permission to use a
license like CC-BY-SA, it wouldn't have been legal to take a copy for the
Apache Flex wiki.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team