From Alex Harui <>
Subject Re: FalcoJs
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 16:52:22 GMT

On 5/4/12 9:43 AM, "Michael A. Labriola" <>

>> So why they updated that blog?
>> It seems an offcial blog from adobe no?
>> <>
> I understand the confusion, I really do. Much of Adobe isn't really good at
> the communicating with humans thing. I can absolutely 100% promise you we do
> not yet have that code.
> Read this:
> Especially this section:
> "Falcon compiler contribution to Apache
> Falcon 1.0 is the next generation compiler for ActionScript and is currently
> in development. Upon completion of the ActionScript portion of the compiler,
> Adobe will contribute Falcon 1.0 to the Apache Flex Project, which we expect
> will be in Q4 2012.
> Falcon JS compiler contribution to Apache
> Falcon JS is an experimental ActionScript 3 compiler that targets JavaScript
> rather than the Flash Runtime. Adobe will contribute the prototype of Falcon
> JS source code to the Apache Flex Project after the completion and
> contribution of Falcon 1.0."
> Mike

Also, that blog is a developer's blog.  It is just his thoughts and does not
represent Adobe.  I wish he hadn't worded it that way, but I don't have
control over that.  We have to go through the same process of clearing that
code that we are doing for everything else.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message