From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Handling Adobe Binaries
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 00:18:04 GMT

On 5/1/12 4:54 PM, "Jeffry Houser" <jeffry@dot-com-it.com> wrote:

>   It shouldn't violate copyright; because we are writing our own code
> from scratch.  Unless Adobe wants to claim copyright on the API which is
> possible.  I know I read about a API related lawsuit at one point, but I
> have no idea what the results were.
Again, I'm not a lawyer, but here's my logic:  If we were writing actual
code that did something, then I would agree, starting from scratch shouldn't
be a violation of copyright.  But to try to create an exact replica of an
API is to me the equivalent of hearing a song, but not having the sheet
music, re-creating the song exactly.  I don't think you can do that in the
music business.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team