From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [MENTORS] Binary Files
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 16:26:31 GMT
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Ok ... but actually using the default version seems to be the better way. If the originals
are flawed it would be good to file bug-reports with the original project and help them fix
those problems.
> If they are simply inconveniancies, I would suggest to implement workarounds ... using
patched jars sort of gives me a really bad feeling. Especially if you could end up in Classloading
version problems since we don't have separate classloaders.

I hope our long-term goal would be to fix these issues by either
contributing back the changes or extending the original projects to
implement our changes. But the short-term goal is to get a parity
release out so I'd think we'd rather just release the patched version
with a parity release.

Greg