From Greg Reddin <>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] source package questions
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 22:19:21 GMT
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Carol Frampton <> wrote:
> Does this mean that we can include the apache jars that we use in our source package?
 How about in our binary package?

My preference would be that these files are downloaded as part of the
build process. Looking at the list, I'm not sure if they are all still
available and I'm not sure they are all Apache jars. I guess these are
dependencies? We'd need to treat them like any other dependency I

> 2.  We've run RAT.  We currently have a few hundred files flagged as binaries.  Many
of them are asset files.  Is there some sort of exception process for these?

I can't really comment on this. I would assume there's a way to do
this, but I don't know.

> 3.  If you have a .fla file which is a source file for Adobe Flash Professional does
that mean we have to require Adobe Flash Professional as a prerequisite build tool?  We have
other similar situations which involve different apps/tools to produce different assets.

Is Flash Pro required to run a successful build? If so, then I guess
we do need it as a requirement. If not then it's optional I guess.

Sorry for my non-definitive answers. I don't really have the
experience to offer definitive ones, so hopefully some others can
chime in to confirm or correct.

View raw message