From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject FDB undocumented command line options
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 08:25:12 GMT
Hi,

Recently I had to look for a way to set up fdb so that several instances
can run and connect at the same time. Adobe off. docs say that you *cant
change the port* for FDB, but it appears to be a trivial thing to do, if
you read through the code in CLI wrapper, it actually expects -p=XXXX
argument with the port number.

But this isn't the only argument it can accept, most importantly, it is
looking for a file in $HOME/.fdbinit - I don't have any file on my system
by that name, so, can anyone shed light on what is meant to be in this
file? Google gets me two hits, both are suggestions of some Adobe employee
to put that file somewhere and write something in it - it would be nice to
know what are the configuration options (w/o searching through all the
code, because things are really scattered all over the place there).

Best.

Oleg