From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is AIR_HOME?
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 08:48:16 GMT
At the time of posting I didn't know what to write in the readme. And,
Alex, I've just explained, knowing what AIR SDK is doesn't help knowing
what AIR_HOME is because the later can be an awful lot of things:
- the URL to fetch the binaries,
- the downloaded archive,
- the directory, where you extract the archive,
- the working directory of the SDK binaries,
- any other file or directory somehow significant for the SDK (and here we
have too many options - what if AIR SDK needs something in /usr/bin or
/opt/ or /etc/ or /usr/share/ and so on - the possibilities grow in
geometric progression).

It appears, however, that the thing that fits is the root directory of
where you extract the SDK, and I'm investigating whether the mistake is in
the Ant script, or is it some more generic Ant's bug (it
misinterprets environmental variables if they are relative paths which
start with parent directory designation).

Best.

Oleg