From Left Right <>
Subject Re: Apache Flex 4.8, playerglobal.swc versions, FP 11.x adoption, FP versions & security
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 07:10:28 GMT
Ah, and, by the way, the practical meaning of -target-player argument for
projects that don't use the framework is simply the location of
playerglobals.swc. I.e. the file itself resides in a directory inside SDK
which has a version number as its name, something like
runtime/10.3/playerglobals.swc. It used to be a common practice to add such
directories by hand or rename them if you wanted to use another version of
the said library, so that it's hard to tell what's the exact meaning of
this argument and how it affects the output file. But I think that the most
safe way is to bind it to the library version used as that was the intended
Framework's code on the other hand makes further assumptions on what to do
/ how to generate the code based on this parameter - this isn't documented
anywhere and you'd need to try that with different versions to figure out
what exactly it does.