From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is AIR_HOME?
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 22:06:46 GMT
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

> The current issue is that ../../anything means one thing if you are in the
> flex root directory and another thing if you are in
> {flex-home}/frameworks.  /abosolute/path/anything means the same thing in
> any of the flex subdirectories.
>
> So, I think it's worth filing a bug for it, it shouldn't be that way. (may
I suggest that this is what makes the files generated by -dump-config
argument unusable, unless you fix the file path?).

> The checkintests ant task needs the flashplayer to run the tests.  If you
> are building the sdk presumably that means you are doing development which
> means you should run checkintests before submitting code or a patch.  If
> you will never run checkintests then you don't need to set
> FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER.
>
> Is there a precedent that suggests we should assume it? I normally
encounter that tests and sources are separate packages. For instance,
there's no up-to-date version of standalone player for Linux (neither
debugger nor release). So, very soon asking for this program to be
installed will be a requirement impossible to meet.

Best.

Oleg